Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Can't Believe What My Eyes Have Seen 1,2, and 3

Yesterday after work I swept out my bus. Big deal,right? No, not really, just a regular practice BUT as I was sweeping the dust out of the passenger door and passing the bristles over the corner crevices near the black plastic trashcan by the door, I saw something small and shiny. I reached down to pick up this small object, half the size of a thumb tack. I looked at it in amazement and awe! It was my little rabbit gold earring! I kept looking at it in disbelief! Maybe I'm just imagining this to be my earring! But it's gold. 24k. A unique color. Mixed with copper. A gift from one of my long time friends in Chile. I had given it up for lost when I found the other one about a month ago in my room on my dresser. I searched for the missing one and gave up, believing It had been sucked into the vacuum cleaner I had passed days earlier! I lifted it up in my hand and thanked God for it! Counting it as a blessing and a miracle in my eyes! I called my mother and told her the good news! I knew that she would understand without explanation that it truly was a miracle! Here's another reason why it's a miracle. My school bus had been in the repair shop for over a week due to the heater core being broken.The area where they were working was precisely the area behind the trashcan. I stopped by several times to see that section opened up as they replaced the heater core. By the way, one part of it looks like a tiny radiator.

That to me is why it's a miracle. It survived going to the trash netherworld and I must tell this story. I still have my earrings my friend Grace gave me. This is important to me. Sentimental. That's one of the Cancer traits. We hang on to things people give us. It holds a special meaning.

Now, in the afternoon as I headed back to the bus yard in my bus not my car. I took my usual route down Fremont which becomes Pasadena Ave. Well, at Grevelia there is a railroad track that is managed by a traffic signal. I was behind a car with about two cars distance between us and as we approached the intersection we naturally slowed down to about 15mph to go over the tracks. suddenly the car in front of me was in the middle of the track and the light turned yellow. The driver panicked and stopped the car! What the!!!!!! Ahhhhh! I was near the first track. Now the lights were flashing red and arms were coming down so I backed up a little and slowly and then I heard a crunch. My heart was pounding and I thought oh sh _ _ ! I hit a car in the back! Now I'm really in trouble! The train passed!The arm went up and the light turned green. I moved over the track to the other side, stopped my bus and called dispatch. There were no cars behind me. The crossing arm took out one little indicator light and that car took off, sped away without a care for this little bus driver! It looked like a white station wagon like a Subaru or a Mercedes. The license plate had a J and an l and a W in it. That's all I remember Whoever you are. Give up your keys! Hire a driver. Stay off the road! Don't make friends with any bus drivers, or call the Pasadena dispatch office and tell your side of the story!

Last but not least, this morning on my way to work in my car on the same road. I was at the Colombia crossing where you make a left and a quick right to turn onto Pasadena Ave. The light in front of me was green. A clear steady green. No cars in front of me. I approach the intersection and a van whizzes by! I step on the brakes! The car had passed through a red light! To you I say, GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!

No comments: