Tuesday, July 24, 2007

This does not surprise me

July 19, 2007
Bush Outlaws All War Protest In United States

In one of his most chilling moves to date against his own citizens, the American War Leader has issued a sweeping order this week outlawing all forms of protest against the Iraq war. 

President Bush enacted into US law an ‘Executive Order’ on July 17th titled “Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq”, http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html and which says: 

”By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)(IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.)(NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, 

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004.” 


I copied this from Rosie's website but my friend Mary had sent me an e-mail about the various executive orders that have been passed by the men occupying the While House. It doesn't surprise me because this has been happening for years. I remember meeting folks in Santiago Chile when I lived there who traveled to Chile in the hope that they would live in a country without excessive governmental regulations. They say it takes living outside of the country to learn about what your own country is about and that certainly has been true for me.Living outside of the US of A afforded me the opportunity to learn firsthand that the US Embassies around the world are not there to protect or help US citizens. They are there to help and protect US business. When I first heard these folks complain I mostly listened but it stayed in my memory bank. I think this is what the hippie movement was about. Peace and love and not war. Warmongers kill off peace loving and thoughtful caring individuals. This has discouraged me greatly. Today I recall Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Bayard Rustin, John Lennon, Senator Paul Wellstone, Audre Lorde, Gloria E. Anzaldua,Jesus, the Son of Mary and the carpenter Joseph... the song, War by Edwin Starr, Crystal Blue Persuasion, Groovin'...I will vote for Dennis Kucinich to be President. If we get to have an election that is

No comments: