Friday, August 17, 2007

3rd Annual Gay Mafia Comedy Competition

This year my friend and comedy buddy Mark asked me if I was going to participate. I had been thinking about it so his question got me moving on a 5 minute set. Thanks to lots of support and suggestions on the content I was able to memorize it. Last night I was there to do my 5 minutes at the club. It was an unusually small crowd, about 10 audience members. I did my set and got laughs which is what comedians live for. I was able to stay in the moment and notice that some noise in the background had stopped and I commented on it. I mention this because my improv training helps with being in the moment. I know it takes years and practice, practice, practice. My Toastmasters training has been so helpful. Results: I didn't have any of my people there to vote, so I don't go to the finals but I will continue. I am enrolled in a comedic performance class at Pasadena City College this semester. Yipee! I showed up! Thank you to every one of my close friends who gave me your time and support as I prepared. I feel good!

3 comments:

Vico said...

Hey ! no sabía de tu blog! felicitaciones...si necesitas ayuda con él me avisas...
Good Job!

Chilebnr said...

Gracias Vic. Eres excelente escritora asi que cuando tienes tiempo me puedes ayudar. Gracias!

SCREAMING IN THE CAR said...

I thought you were great, Vivian! The more you do the better you will get.

Strict Mr. Player